suggestions as to next step ??

        Hello -- I have a fresh install of Redhat
8, the libraries (nasm etc.) are in, svgalib-1.9.17 and finally linrad all
in as per instructions I am fairly certain ( although I am certainly very
new to Linux !).

When I type ./linrad I get the message "cannot open  /dev/svga".

    I am at a loss as to where to go from this point and any suggestions
would be most helpfull.

If it helps, I am running a biostar M7VKB motherboard with a kt133 chipset
and ac97 on board sound w/ 1300 Mhz  AMD Duron.

Thanks very much --
Thomas Collins - N0QAZ
Greeley CO USA
tcollins88@xxxxxxxxx