Re: [linrad] Unexpected behavior from Linrad 1.00

Hi, Joe et al!

I should note that I did not notice any unexpected behaviour
with lir01-00.

Rather, the unexpected behaviour was at the level of RedHat
Linux 8.0 and the OSS driver.

Linrad was no more [or less] affected than any other
application that used the sound cards.

It was just that I dug the computer out from storage to try
lir01-00 and that is when I noticed the unusual behaviour of
the sound functions in Linux.  These occurred whether I was
in command mode, in X windows, or running svgalib processes.
 These anomalies were fixed as noted in the previous email.

But so far, I have had no problems with Linrad 00-01 on
either the P4 1.4 GHZ or the P3 1 GHZ systems, both of which
are running RHL 8.0, kernel 2.4.18-27.8.0, gcc v 3.2
20020903, svgalib v 1.9.17, OSS Linux build
3.9.7h-0303301303 (Linux 2.4.18-27.7.x)

73,
Roger Rehr
W3SZ