Re: [linrad] Re: AC97 Sound card issues.

Hello Arie and ALL,

Been reviewing archived emails ever exchanged between Arie and Rein
regarding via82xx sound card and ALSA I think I would input (again) for
svgalib-1.9.17.

Leif describes how to install version 1.4.3 in his webpage but doesn't write
about this newer version of svgalib.
We had ever discussed these in thread "Console Swicthing problem" or like
around past January this year.
(I have posted my solution with the same subject at 19 Jan 2003)

Arie, your problem of console switching will easily be solved by svgalib-1.9.17.
You can download it from:
You can get the source from http://www.arava.co.il/matan/svgalib/ .
Installation is not difficult.

At 23:14 03/04/12 +0200, Arie PA0EZ wrote:
[snip snip snip]

>If I run linrad directly on the console ( not a terminal in X) than I can
>switch between linrad and the mixer controls on X without "loosing"linrad.
>Again pressing ctrlalt-f2 brings me back in the running linrad. Pity that
>linrad stops working once you are in X. That makes setting up the mixer
>controls rather messy.

[snip snip snip]

>73
>Arie