Re: [linrad] Linrad article

HI, Jim!

Thanks for the kind note!

I continue to find very helpful information in your posts,
and am most impressed with the performance reports on your
yagis ;)

Yes, I actually was pleased that the stations could not hear
me when I heard them so well, as it indicated the receiver
is doing its job ;)

I will be working further on it.  I have received a very
very interesting email on H mixers.  The question will be if
I / we can figure out how to make one at VHF...I will send a
copy of the email to you and to Leif and after Iget the
author's permission, post it to the list.

73 and Thanks again,

Roger
W3SZ

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Hi Roger,
>
> Thanks for the article.
> It is an inspiration to me to get going on this project.
> I am sure I will find some of the step by step
> instructions useful. As far as your comments on how well
> you are receiving (per the article), part (most?)  of the
> reason stations you are calling do not hear you, no doubt
> is due to Linrad producing greatly improved RX. Other
> factors come to mind as well.
>
> 1) Power in the 2kw + range is becoming common on EME.
> 2) When faraday causes your TX to be 45 degrees out, your
> TX suffers a 3db penalty.
> 3) Noise is becoming more common to EME RX.
>
> Add all the factors together and it would be enough to
> convince you that the PA is not connected.
>
> 73, Jim Shaffer, WB9UWA.
>

> On 24 May 2003 at 19:01, w3sz wrote:
>
> > Hello, all!
> >
> > I have put the text of my Linrad article from DUBUS on
> > my webpage at
> >
> > http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/DUBUSLinradFinal.doc [Word
> > document]
> > and
> >
> > http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/DUBUSLinrad2002.pdf [pdf file].
> >
> > Let me know if you have problems downloading or viewing.
> >
> > They are also accessible as links from
> > http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/start.htm .
> >
> > Use the figure at http://www.qsl.net/w3sz/i3dlifinal.gif
> > for figure 1 in the article; it is in color, whereas
> > those in the pdf and doc files are all in black and
> > white.
> >

> > 73,
> > Roger Rehr
> > W3SZ