Re: [linrad] svgalib

Svgalib is different from Xwindow (linux GUI).  Just because X works
doesn't mean that linrad (or any program that uses svgalib to display
graphics) will work.  I don't see RealTek 3105 listed as supported by
svgalib-1.4.3.  It seems that svgalib is the factor most limiting linrad
at this point, I.E. some (many?) people have configuration problems, some
(much?) hardware isn't supported, but VESA mode usually helps.

73  Matt  KB0VUK

On Monday 02 June 2003 08:48, you wrote:
> Dr OM Alex,
> As far as I understand, svgalib deals with a card as it has been
> installed by linux. So at first you have to run linux with your card. If
> that goes well, I do not think svgalib is a problem as it allows you to
> set the video parameters according to what there has been installed.
> Arie

LINRADDARNIL