RE: [linrad] Linrad

Hi John and All,

> I do have one thought about noise blankers - I think the effects of QRN
> (lightning) could be made much better by narrowing the bandwidth during
> the burst. Thus if the signal was on it would be held at a similar volume
> level during the burst. Also, if the signal was off it would stay off.
This is what happens automatically when the noise blanker operates
at a much higher bandwidth compared to the one brought to the loudspeaker.
The baseband filter is like a very heavy flywheel. It will go on doing
what it already did over the time interval where the noise pulse was
blanked out and it will not notice that the desired signal was missing
for a while.