Re: [linrad] svgalib

Dear W5SNX,

   I am running Linrad on RedHat6.1 so it is not quite the same setup as
you. Things I have found helpful:

   1. Fiddle with /etc/vga/libvga.cfg
   2. Remove svgalib package and reinstall from RedHat disks
   3. Remove svgalib and download latest either as predone .rpm file or as
.tar.gz and recompile package.

   Also, with svgalib there is an svgalib-devel package. I believe this
package includes some test programs that may also give some help.

   If you want to get in even deeper, you can load svgalib with the gnu
debugger (gdb) and figure out exactly where svgalib is getting into
trouble.

   I have been too lazy so far to learn to use gdb, but from what I hear
it is well worth learning. So gdb is a someday for me at this point :)

   Also, IMHO linrad is well worth the effort. I use it everyday :))

   warm regards,
   john

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, W5SNX wrote:

> I am using Redhat 7.1 and am trying to install Linrad. I have a problem with
> svgalib.1.4.3. When I try to start Linrad I get error massage svgalib:
> Signal 11: Segmentation fault received.
> I am using video card Nvida TNT which is recognized. My previous video card
> was not. I had hoped changing video cards would help. But get the same
> error. I have tried quite a few things but none help. Can anyone provide
> information ?

LINRADDARNIL