Re: [linrad] RE: noise blanking/weak signal comparisons

Hi Roger (W3SZ). I hasten to correct any impression that I was reporting conclusions from listening to your files. My remarks were merely first impressions of listening to what you designated as weak CW and SSB. What I heard was quite contrary to what I expected.

My whole rationale for looking into Linrad is the belief that it has something special to offer for weak signal HF CW and I fully believe that is will prove to be the case. Your statements re-enforce that belief.

I have indeed made comparative recordings with my own conventional CW set-up using HF beacons to illustrate the pros and cons of DSP noise reduction and filter bandwidths.

Has anyone on the list made comparative recordings of beacons or other relatively stable weak signal sources using LinRad and conventional radios -the K2 for example?

--
73
Ron