Proposed software patenting in EU

Excuse off topic subject, but I feel that this may also affect us all in the
long term.

If you are in Europe and interested in software development please take a
few moments to have a look at what is proposed in the way of introducing
software patents. This would be very bad news for small software companies
if it was to happen. (remember the GIF patent problem).

There is an on-line petition (note for countries that would be affected by
the new legislation only)

http://petition.eurolinux.org/

There is also a link to it from my homepage.

David Anderson GM4JJJ     david@xxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.gm4jjj.co.uk

LINRADDARNIL