FW: Big surprise! (Kohjin Yamada Sept 13 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Kohjin Yamada
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 6:10 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linrad] Big surprise!

All,

What a wonderful world of DSP, I just can't believe Linrad is such great!
I still have many things to solve but was surprised to run a recording file
of FRH1135. http://ham.te.hik.se/homepage/sm5bsz/arrl2001/
I was just shocked and spent more than 8 hours hopping around the band
by clicking the mouth. 20Hz band width of the filter forced me wake up till
morning because of smooth and elegant sound of CW tone.
I would strongly recommend to install the software and try to listen, there
will be another world of EME or perhaps another mode too.

I wrote in my previous post;
>I am running with both SB16 (Vibra 16 X) for output and Santa Cruz
>for input for the moment.

It's strange above was not operative.
The output device (Vibra16X) didn't show to select when Santa Cruz
selected for input device and no sound could be heard at all.
(by selecting the same Santa Cruz for output, it was forced so)
I had tried many options for many things but no joy.
Then I switched the devices vice versa, bingo!
I am now using Vibra16X for input and Santa Cruz for output.
It seems it works just fine but don't know what's going on here.
I am using OSS/Linux not yet licenced.

My 500MHz Pentium III with 384MB ram shows rather high CPU load.
I observed around 90% by 'ps aux' command in remote login shell.
I wonder if this is the case in your system too?

OK, now it's the time to buy a Delta44 and think about the RF hardware :-)

Thanks for your reading, Kohjin - JR1EDE

LINRADDARNIL