FW: Linrad Questions (KJ7F Oct 08 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of KJ7F
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 1:08 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linrad] Linrad Questions

Gang,

     A few questions.   I currently have Linrad running under RedHat 7.3
using a very old SB16 sound card and taking the receive audio from a
Kenwood TS-850SAT.

    Could some one give me some good starting values to use in setting up
Linrad?   I really don't know which ones to play with.

    I am thinking of building aKK7B direct conversion binaural I-Q receiver
but don't know how much difference it might make.    Is it worth the effort
to go to a direct conversion radio with IQ output?   With two kids in
university and another going next year ham radio funds are very limited
here.   If you do how do you net the your transmit frequency?

Terry  KJ7F

LINRADDARNIL