FW: RE Help! (Sigurd Kimpel Oct 31 2002)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sigurd Kimpel
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 4:23 PM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx grossoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx frey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: [linrad] Help!

Thanks for the help.  I used the main.c file provided by Kohjin - JR1EDE, to successfully compile linrad and after editing /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig, I am now successfull in running linrad.

Now I have to figure out how to "use" the program :-)

My long term goal is to use linrad to improve my microwave receive capability, 900 MHz thru 10 Gigs, over distances up to 500 Km.

The transverters output is at 144 MHz, and I use a DownEast Microwave converter to bring the second IF frequency down to 28 MHz and a Kenwood TS-690 to bring the signal to baseband.

If I leave the TS-690 filters out my received audio has a bandwidth of 12 KHz.  for this configuration I assume that I should sample at a frequency of about 24 KHz.

There may be some possibiliity of using the TS-690 DSP interface to do better, but I don't yet understand how I might do that.

Would it be usefull to build a receive interface circuit to generate two "channels" of audio from the TS-690 and feed one into the left soundcard channel and the other into the right soundcard channel?

Thanks for you support and encouragement.

Sigurd Kimpel, KJ1K (usaually operate microwave bands as a rover)