Re: [linrad] RE: Getting started

Many thanks Alberto

I will certainly have good look at it, and a play :))

I will also persevere with linrad, as it has some features that would
mean a far greater success working dx in certain directions.Especially
to the south on 23 cms.
I'm just 25 Kms from the highest L band radar in the uk.
to make it worse I can look out of the shack window and see the big
white golf ball..
If I connect a spectrum analyser to the feeder I can measure -30dBm
peak.

To add to it my homebrew rig has 12 poles of xtal filter, great for
getting very close to strong signals , like you used to get in VHF
contests 10 years ago, but when hit with pulses they ring like hell.

As part of a project as I'm unable to work for a while, I'm try to get
as many progs as possible to run on Mandrake and produce a mini howto on
how to get them going, ie which libs to link etc.

Richard

--
Richard Bown <richard.bown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

LINRADDARNIL