[linrad] RE: Red Hat 9

Hi Stan,

I Recently bought a laptop, a Toshiba Satellite 2450.

The computer comes with Windows installed, the hard disk
is in two partitions and I installed RedHat 9 on the second
partition without any problems.

The builtin sound seems to work fine, but I can not tell for
sure because I have no software for the mixer of this lap-top
computer so I have no means of actually routing the D/A output
to the loudspeakers.

> I am just getting started setting up Linux. I purchased
> a book "Sams Teach Yourself Red Hat Linux 9 in 24 Hours",
> and it came with 2 install discs for Red Hat 9. Before
> I get started, has anyone had any experience with 9?
Yes. To me it looks fine:)

> Should I just plod away at converting my new computer to
> Linux? I have a 2.8Ghz P4, 512MB DDR SDRAM , 160GB HD,
> and NVIDIA FX 5200 graphics.
The hard disk is big enough for Windows and Linux and some
more systems if there is something else you would like.....

> I also have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card and a
> M-Audio USB Audiophile external audio device. I suspect
> I'll have to buy a Delta 44 card sense I could not find
> Linux drivers for my above audio cards.

Hopefully you will get some information from others on
this list. You may also ask customer support at OSS if they have
drivers or if they plan to make drivers for these soundcards.

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL