[linrad] SDR Hardware

Greetings.  I have been reading the list for a while and am excited about the possibilities presented by sdr.

I have read the recent QEX articles on sdr and many others on the ARRL sdr page.  My question is this: what is a your recommendation for a homebrew SDR hardware platform?  I can use the designs Leif presents and the design for the SDR-1000 as a basis...but I really want some more thought from those of you who have the system running before I dig in.   Most of my operating is HF SSB, CW, and PSK.

73
Michael
WN5T
LINRADDARNIL