RE: [linrad] Out of memory errors

Title: Out of memory errors
Hello Henry,

The call to mlockall() fails to lock the RAM area used by Linrad.

Maybe your RAM is reserved for a large RAM disk or there is
some other program running. Are you perhaps running in a console
under X?

The calls to mlockall() were added recently because I have had
reports indicating that some Linrad users run Linrad off the hard disk
(swapped by Linux) The behaviour is a bit unpredictable...........

Linrad does not need much computing resources. I uploaded a screen
dump today after verifying Linrad-00.15 on a Pentium 133 MHz. The
image shows seven hours of (simulated) VLF waterfall at a FFT bin
width of about 0.005 Hz. The soundcard was sampling at 22050 kHz
which is much higher than typically needed. Yet the CPU load was below
50% and about 5 megabytes of ram was used.

So, Henry, I am pretty sure your computer hass the memory needed,
but I do not know why Linrad is denied to lock it. Unless someone else
gives the explanation, please give more details.

73

Leif

Hi,
I'm getting "out of memory" errors with Linrad 1-.15 regardless of the parameter settings. Any suggestions?
Henry
w2hes

LINRADDARNIL