Re: [linrad] RE: Newbie's first impressions

Having got LINRAD loaded and running I am at the point where I need some help with the soundcard situation.

I have a SB16 PnP (ISA) that I currently use successfully in Windows with WSJT etc.

soundconfig sees this sound card OK and configures it. However it routes the Line input through to the speaker. Consequently I am getting direct audio as well as filtered audio in LINRAD.

I started the KDE GUI and found the KMIX program. There I have the following 'channels':
VOL
BASS
TREBLE
SYNTH
PCM
SPEAKER
LINE
MIC
CD
MIX
IGAIN
OGAIN

If I mute LINE then the direct audio to the speaker stops, but I no longer get any input into LINRAD either.
(I set the recordable input to be LINE.)

What is the trick needed to get this going?

I also have another Soundcard plugged into a PCI slot but cannot enable that because of a lack of IRQ resources or something (when I try in Windows 98 hardware configuration). There is also built in audio which is enabled in Windows but sndconfig does not detect.

I'm beginning to remember why I shelved this project before now, but am determined to get it going now if I can.

Is there any way to access the mixer controls within LINRAD or from the terminal? - as having to quit LINRAD startx and muck around with KMIX each time I want to try another setting is slow and painful.

Many thanks

David

LINRADDARNIL