Re: [linrad] VESA; and a question

Leif --

Leif Asbrink wrote:

I discovered that 1.9.17-1 has no include file named "vgagl.h". So, rather than digging into source code I deleted all the 1.9.17-1 files and installed the "standard" svgalib 1.4.3 package.
Oooh! I do not know if the 1.9.18 has it either. Maybe the
old one from svgalib-1.4.3 is still in place...
I will look into this as soon as I get a chance. This will probably be not before next weekend.

I have noticed that the percentage CPU usage for my simple system (one real channel, SSB bandwidth) is typically 15 - 17% with the parameters that you suggested to use in your IC-706 examples. That level of CPU usage seemed very high for a 2.7 GHz P4; quite possibly it is also because of poor performance by the display hardware. I am also seeing
some SPEED ERRORS, SPEED WARNINGS and OVERRUN ERRORS messages.
Could be. It could also be because of the usleep() problem or some
other malfunction of the code. Linrad-01.18 should not have these problems, it would be interesting to know what happens if you
upgrade Linrad before svgalib.
OK, I will upgrade to Linrad-01.18 first, test it out, and and then go to svgalib 1.9.18.

Like Stan, KA1ZE, I would be happy to know of any special tricks you used to get svgalib 1.9.18 working.
-- 73, Joe, K1JT

LINRADDARNIL