Re: [linrad] Svgalib 1.4.3 to 1.9.18

Hello Stan

When I tried svgalib 1.4.3 I got lots of error messages I could not (did not know how to) correct.
I am running a Intel D865PERL mother board with 1G RAM, 2.4G HT cpu, 80G pata hard drive
and SUSe 9.0 pro. SUSE 9.0 does not support the sata hard drives without a patch.
I use an old Matrox Millenium pci video card, 2M ram, no 3D.

I found svgalib-1.9.18 at http://www.svgalib.org the website suggested by Leif,

downloaded, and processed the same as the original version.

Since you have version 1.4.3 already working, you may have to remove it then restart with the latest version.

See man make for the manual instructions to the make command, possibly make clean .....

svgalib-1.9.18 processed without errors or failure messages. Nasm was already in the SUSE 9.0 distribution.
linrad-01.17 was started ok but now I continue to fight the sound cards.

The alsa drivers come with the SUSE 9.0 distribution, so for now I will stick with them.
alsaconf shows a successful configuration of the delta 44 pci card and a SB 5880 pci soundblaster card.
Under alsaconf I can get the test .wav file through both cards as an output to speakers. So I am missing a fine detail.
In LINRAD and "I" for the sound card test, I can not see any of my injected signals on the time domain display.
I am using a 1000 Hz tone from my sinad meter.

The ALSA organization offers a later version of the sound drivers, than I have with the SUSE 9.0 distribution.

Stan, WA1ECF Cape Cod, MA FN41sr

Stanka1ze@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Leif,

I have a PentiumIV 2.7Ghz running Linrad-01.18 and svgalib-1.4.3 with VESA driver on a Redhat 8.0 operating system. I would like to change to svgalib-1.9.18. Could you please list the steps you did to get 1.9.18 working.

Thank you Stan, KA1ZE

LINRADDARNIL