Re: [linrad] RE: Major revision. Linrad-01.18

You should be able to run in level 2 or 3 (multi-user, but no X).  You can
also turn xdm/kdm/gdm off so X does not start by default.  I list all
three because I'm not sure what your system has, but all three are X
Display Managers which give you the login screen.

Single user may limit too much of what is running.  In single user you
probably only have 1 tty Alt-F1, but in multiuser you would have 5-6 tty
Alt-F1, Alt-F2, Alt-F3, etc so you could run a mixer on tty1 and linrad on
tty2.

							Later, JOSH

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 Stanka1ze@xxxxxxx wrote:

> HI Leif,
>
> You have solved my problem. I am no longer starting Linux Redhat 8 in level
> 5, a graphical KDE screen. I am now in level 1 single operator text mode. All
> of the overrun errors are gone. My time measurements are now a constant .0078.
>
> 73, Stan, KA1ZE
>
> In a message dated 4/16/2004 7:53:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> leif.asbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I think this is of general interest. I can not really help because I do not
> know how to find out what is going on and how to remove things that are
> scheduled to happen now and then in the background.
> You could turn off the swapp and see what happens - something might
> complain..........
>
> If you want to stay under KDE, maybe someone else on this list knows how to
> make sure Linrad never looses more than about 20 milliseconds in a single
> interruption and that Linrad
> will always get at least a few milliseconds between each interruption so it
> has time complete
> it's slowest single task and take cate of the A/D and D/A buffers.
>
>    73
>
> Leif / SM5BSZ

LINRADDARNIL