RE: [linrad] SVGALIB 1.9.18 Compiled but does not start

Hi Christoph,

> how could I forget that ... SVGALIB 1.9.18 running now !!!!
> - finds my RAGE ATI card, but offers NO setting. VESA does not
> work at all.
> But the system does not crash anymore.
What about vgatest? Does it not offer anything either?

> This is still SuSE 8.2. I will install SuSE 9.1 next week. Until
> then I will stop my activities here.
I can not imagine that will help, I think it would be better to
stay in SuSE 8.2.

In case vgatest gives some modes, maybe it would be better to
modify Linrad to be able to use one of them. (64K or 16M colours)
Perhaps it is time to write to Matan Ziv-Av [matan@xxxxxxxxxxx]
and ask him if he knows what the problem is - and what he thinks
would be the proper cure.