RE: [linrad] Linrad on Pentium Pro?

Hi Guenter,

> My current situation is that I have several "scrap" computers of
> which I want to sell a few for cheap money and I do want to hold
> the one which is most useful for Linrad. So I think my
> Pentium-MMX 166 is much better to hold it.
What computer to keep depends on what you want to do.
What is the input bandwidth, one or two RF channels
and do you have good enough linearity to use the noise blanker
withion Linrad. For many transceivers it will be much better
to use the built-in analog blanker. If you do not need the
blanker, Linrad does not use MMX instructions.

The video card couls be the limitation as well as the hard disk
or the RAM memory. It all depends on what you want to do.....