[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[linrad] MoonSked for Linux
- Subject: [linrad] MoonSked for Linux
- From: David Anderson GM4JJJ <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:23:44 +0100
Some time ago the question was asked if there is any Moon tracking
software for Linux available.
Well, I have just released the first version of my Moon Tracking and
Scheduling program 'MoonSked' for Linux.
Full details and downloads from
Validated (so far) with: RedHat 9 - Fedora Core 2 - Mandrake 9.2 - SuSE
• Track Moon and Sun Position in Realtime
• World Maps shows Moon Footprint
• Sked Maker calculates best time for Moon Bounce (EME) contacts
between 2 stations
• Displays Moon Bounce Schedules (Imports SKD87 files)
• Moon Graph shows Monthly Moon data in graphical for Printout
Schedules, Predictions and Graphs.
• Uses and displays Directory of Moonbounce stations (DIR.SKD)
• Tracks Celestial Radio Sources in realtime
• Callfinder with intelligent 'has moon' calculator
• Links to your email program for easy scheduling with other stations
• Exports Az/El data for Integration with Rotator Control programs
• Easy Interface allows rapid choice of suitable date and time for
• 50MHz to 47GHz Doppler shift calculations between Stations
• 50/144MHz/432MHz Background Sky Temperature
• Grid Location entry
• Moon Range and DGR dB loss
• Spatial Polarity and calculation of Maximum Non Reciprocity
MoonSked for Linux/x86 requires GTK+ 2.0 or better. Depending on your
distribution of Linux, you may already have this pre-installed. However,
you can download and install the GTK+ 2.0 libraries from www.gtk.org.
You may also find pre-built libraries from your Linux distributor's
David Anderson, GM4JJJ E-mail: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Try MoonSked software - Tracking, Prediction, Scheduling and much more.
Available for Linux, Windows or Macintosh. Also PalmTrack for Palm OS.
iCluster - Macintosh DX-Cluster Telnet access made easy!
Mac HP GPS Control - HP Z3801A Time & Frequency Standard.