[linrad] Linrad Network works great

Hello, All!

This is just a quick note on the Linrad Network 'utility' that Leif has
now incorporated into Linrad.

Here the network is working flawlessly sending I/Q data from one Linrad
machine to another at 95KHz sampling rate for both H and V receive
polarities, without a glitch.  The SOCK_STREAM protocol does a very good
job of keeping the data transfers error-free, which is obviously critical ;)

The machine receiving the data [slave] is my original Linrad machine:
Dell P4 1.4 GHz RHL 8.0, Delta44 input and Soundblaster PCI soundcard
output.

The second machine [master] is homebrew P3 1.0 GHz RHL 8.0, Delta44
input and motherboard VIA97 audio output.

Both machines use OSS and run Linrad without identified problems [I
didn't check the ability to enter and leave the Linrad screen during
operation, as this 'does't make sense' with Network operation as its
configured.  I can of course reverse the 'master' and 'slave' with no
problems.

The machines can be used to simultaneously and independently listen to
different parts of the 96 KHz spectrum displayed.  Of course, the REAL
plan / hope is for remote operation.

I send the raw A/D data over the network, as I see no reason to do it
another way, and this uses significantly less bandwidth the way I have
the FFT parameters set.

Thanks to Leif for implementing this facility .

I was pleased and a bit surprised that using the motherboard audio
facility on the P3 caused no problems, other than requiring me to get
the correct driver for it from OSS.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ

--
Please note that there may be an antispam preamble to the "replyto"
address.  IF so, remove it to reply directly to this message.  Thank you!

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
2 Merrymount Road
Reading, PA 19609