Re: [linrad] FW: Anyone success in ALSA driver for Delta 44?

Hello Leif,

Thanks for the information.
What I have found/learned so far using man and available mixers :

// taken out from 'man amixer'

SYNOPSIS
       amixer [-c card] [cmd]
       scontrols
              Shows a complete list of simple mixer controls.
       scontents
              Shows a complete list of simple mixer controls with their contents.
       controls
              Shows a complete list of card controls.
       contents
              Shows a complete list of card controls with their contents.

I tried as below (assume Delta 44 card 1 and SB PCI 128 card 0);

# amixer -c 1 cset numid=42 12 <-- this sets to 96000 from default 48000}

numid=42,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Internal Clock'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw---,values=1,items=14
  ; Item #0 '8000'
  ; Item #1 '9600'
  ; Item #2 '11025'
  ; Item #3 '12000'
  ; Item #4 '16000'
  ; Item #5 '22050'
  ; Item #6 '24000'
  ; Item #7 '32000'
  ; Item #8 '44100'
  ; Item #9 '48000'
  ; Item #10 '64000'
  ; Item #11 '88200'
  ; Item #12 '96000'
  ; Item #13 'IEC958 Input'
  : values=12

# amixer -c 1 cset numid=43 on <-- this sets rate locked (default off, not
locked)

numid=43,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Rate Locking'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw---,values=1
  : values=on

Above seems rate set 96000 and rate locked ON.
However Linrad doesn't detect the max input speed of 96000Hz.
Only 48000Hz 4 channel 16 bit on "U" command.

At 17:41 03/02/21 +0100, you wrote:
>Dominic knows how to install ALSA under RedHat 8.0 and I hope he
>will share his info with the list.

I would really be interested in Dominic's solution.
Please encourage him to input here.

>There are still some errors, ALSA is not quite OSS compatible
>when installed as Dominic did it but the ALSA people say it is
>becuse some parameter (?) was incorrectly set. The Linrad setup
>procedure will not give the correct no of channels so the user must
>know his hardware and not ask for more channels than actually
>available. I am sure it will be easy to fix:-)

You wrote in other post too;

>When speed and channels are set in accordance with the actual
>hardware, Linrad works fine with ALSA, but Linrad00-54 or later will be
>needed because ALSA allocates a smaller buffer than OSS (at least now)
>so 00-54 reads the input more often and in smaller chunks compared to
>earlier Linrad versions. (00-54 is not yet uploaded.)

So, should I wait for the release?

Kohjin - JR1EDE

PS: again "Reply-To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is wrong!