Re: [linrad] flavors and colors of Linux. Is RedHat strange or charming?

w3sz@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello, All!
>

> incorporating SCO-copyrighted code into it.  They have sited specific examples from
> the 2.4 and 2.5 kernels.

I have been following this pretty closely ... has SCO cited any code that was actually stolen?  This is the biggest irritation about this case ... they don't tell us what code was stolen (unless I have missed something).

To my knowledge, they have only publicly pointed to code that is the same in their Unix and Linux ... no surprise since this code was previously available, and incorporated legally into both products.

See http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/smoking-fizzle.html

-Joe KM1P