Re: [linrad] Mandrake distributions

A reply from a not  linux user

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 17:13, Rein A. Smit wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Earlier, there was a remark made about Mandrake not being the "right" or
> perhaps
> "PC"  ( Political Correct ) distribution.
> Could I get some more feedback on that? Is it possibly too easy to work
> with for
> real Linux users?

come on define a real linux user.

perhaps someone who doesn't want progression, someone who perhaps hates
RPM's,, perhaps a dinosaur ??
> Also, I put up the note to make you aware that it is not necessary to
> spend MicroSoft like prices to get a nice CD set.

Absolute rubbish
the download edition , 3 cds, is free to download.
Mandrake has a voluntary club which for a payment each year allows you
access to proprietary s/w at discounted prices, it also allows
downloading of new releases before release date. Thats why I'm running
Mandrake 9.2 now before the release date. Even the first 3 cd's of the
Powerpack were available for silver members.
remember if you want books and packaging you can pay for it, if you just
want the distro its FREE
BTW PC = personal computer
the main thing is Linrad dose appear to function on MDK 9.2 with kernel
2.4.22-18

Richard

--
Richard Bown <richard.bown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>