Re: [linrad] Mandrake distributions

Hi All
comments on Mandrake.

I have had difficulty with an ATI Radeon card getting linrad to run, but
on a standard graphics card it compiles and looks like it will run, and
thats on Mandrake 9.2 , the release date is the start of November.
That was using vgalib 1.4.3 installed as a RPM.
The RPM for this is in the old distro part of the mandrake site, last
distro'd with MDK8.1.

MDK9.2 download edition is free, but you will find the mirrors are
heavily clogged,
If you do decide to go for MDK9.2 wait a month or so as there have been
a few minor bugs with some of the apps, both Gnome and KDE.

MDK 9.2 is available to download as a torrent, which is fairly quick.

Should you download MDK9.2 use the Icemaker window manager to start with
, download the updates, then restart in either Gnome or KDE.

One of the problems is a menu problem in both Gnome and KDE, and as the
download sites are VERY heavily used with a new distro, downloading the
upgrades during install or upgrade fails due to time out.

Apart from the odd teething trouble Mandrake 9.2 is a very nice distro..

HTH
Richard G8JVM

--
Richard Bown <richard.bown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>