Re: [linrad] Live-CD with floppy storage

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Stan wrote:

> Hello Josh,
>
> some simplistic questions:

But good questions!

> 1. How do I control booting from the CD ?

Under the BIOS (Usually F2) you can setup the boot order.  Change the CD
to be before the HD.  Do not put the floppy before the CD or HD, the
floppy is not bootable.  This is different for every bios, so I can't tell
you how to make the changes.

> 2. If windows XP home is installed, can I still use the LINRAD CD  ?

YES!  This does not touch the windows install, so you can just use the
floppy and CD to have a fully working linrad setup.  Reboot, remove the
CD, and you will boot back into windows.

> 3. Do I need LINUX installed  ?      I have the RED HAT V8 package.

No this CD has all of the files you need to run linrad.

> I have not made the leap to LINUX yet, but I see a lot of merit to LINRAD
>
> I appreciate your work with the bootable CD, real progress.

Thanks.

> Stan, WA1ECF

73, KD7HGL
						Later, JOSH