Re: [linrad] For general interest

I was somewhat concerned about the noise figure myself but I don't
know how this device compares with other techniques and products on
the questions of noise or leakage.  The SKY data doesn't mention
leakage and the data I have on Mini-circuit mixers doesn't mention
noise.  Neither am I sure how to interpret the SKY noise
specification stated as a SSB Noise figure in dB. I plan to obtain
more info.

As I am interested in HF,  noise requirements are more relaxed than
for higher frequencies and large signal issues seem more important.

I understand that the chip is priced at $9.95 in 500 unit quantity
and I am trying to find out what they would cost in the 1-10 range.

>Tks vy much for the info.
>The ( probably expensive) mixer, however, may have impressive IP3 figures
>but one has to account the rather bad 16-19 dB noise figure is order to get
>an idea of its dynamic range.
>73
>Arie

LINRADDARNIL