RE:A simple front end

Hi Dave and all,

> Note, there are much better low noise regulators available these
> days than the 7815 or 7915 parts.  Given the low noise opamp
> such as AD797 I would take a serious look at the new low voltage
> dropouts regulators that are available today.
The 7805,7812, 7815,..... are surely very far from good enough
to use in any serious radio project. Fortunately, big capacitors
will remove all noise above 100 Hz or so if they are used properly.
I doubt better regulators will be good enough without RC filters
and therefore I am using simple old 7812 and 7912. The 470 microfarad
capacitors take care of all the noise well enough to make the large
noise from 7812 completely harmless.

73

Leif