Re: [linrad] RE:New Linrad e-mail list user

Leif Åsbrink wrote:

Hello Leif and list users:
Thank you for fast reply.

I will answer between you text lines:

> If it worked before, it should still work. If it does not, the reason
> is probably something that could and should be fixed.

Yes, that is what I think!..:-)

> Maybe the soundboard_init.log file has some information?
> (I do no longer remember when this file was introduced, but it should be
> present in recent Linrad versions)

Here is sounboard_init.log information:
Checking /dev/dsp
/dev/dsp opened as RDONLY
16bit format supported
Max no of channels = 2
Max input speed 44100 Hz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/dsp opened as WRONLY
16bit format supported
Max no of channels = 2
Max input speed 44100 Hz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/dsp opened as RDWR
16bit format supported
Max no of channels = 2
Max input speed 44100 Hz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Checking
/dev/dsp0
Checking /dev/dsp1
Checking /dev/dsp2
Checking /dev/dsp3
Checking /dev/dsp4
Checking /dev/dsp5
Checking /dev/dsp6
Checking /dev/dsp7
Checking /dev/dsp8
Checking /dev/dsp9
Checking /dev/dsp10
Checking /dev/dsp11
Checking /dev/dsp12
Checking /dev/dsp13
Checking /dev/dsp14
Checking /dev/dsp15

  /dev/dsp selected by user for input.   dev_flag=7
User selected RDWR
Min sampling speed = 4000 Hz
6000 Hz selected by user
6000 Hz reported by device
Input format: 16 bit
Read test OK
User selected /dev/dsp for output.
Normal end

At the following settings:******************************************

vga mode [11]
font scale [1]
mouse speed [10]
input mode [0]
rx channels [1]
ad channels [1]
ad speed [6000]
ad device no [0]
ad device mode [2]
ad frag [0]
da device no [0]
min da speed [6000]
max da speed [6000]
max da channels [1]
max da bytes [2]
min da channels [1]
min da bytes [2]
da stop/start [0]
check [2220102]

Change only between brackets.
If file has errors, linrad will ignore file and prompt
for a complete set of new parameters
******************************
First FFT bandwidth (Hz) [100]
First FFT window (power of sin) [3]
First forward FFT version [2]
First FFT storage time (s) [4]
First FFT amplitude [1000]
Enable second FFT [0]
First backward FFT version [0]
Sellim maxlevel [6000]
First backward FFT att. N [6]
Second FFT bandwidth factor in powers of 2 [2]
Second FFT window (power of sin) [1]
Second forward FFT version [0]
Second forward FFT att. N [8]
Second FFT storage time (s) [20]
Enable AFC/SPUR/DECODE [0]
AFC lock range Hz [150]
AFC max drift Hz/minute [100]
Enable morse decoding [0]
Max no of spurs to cancel [0]
Spur timeconstant (0.1sek) [5]
First mixer bandwidth reduction in powers of 2 [4]
First mixer no of channels [1]
Baseband storage time (s) [200]
Output delay margin (0.1sek) [5]
Output sampling speed (Hz) [6000]
Default output mode [1]
Audio expander exponent [3]
A/D speed [6000]
Check [1110101]

*************************************
> No. It indicates I made a mistake somewhere;)
>
> In 01.03 you have a choice:
> Use close and reopen for D/A when
> a new signal is selected (Y/N)
>
 > I am not sure if it really makes any difference when
 > a device is in RDWR mode.

Choosing yes or not does not make any effect.

> A first question:
> When you run 01.03 and have clicked on a signal. Does it
> happen that it runs OK until you click on a new signal
> or does it always stop with sync errors after a little while?
> The answer on this question might give a fast route to the
> source of the problem. It will be very time consuming
> on a 486 to find out between which two versions the change
> that makes your 486 computer not run was made.
>
> Stopping the output while the input is left running does not
> work always and I have made various things to make errors
> less frequent. I think one device stops the interrupt response
> for the other one during a too long time. Maybe some of the
> things I did to handle those problems was bad for a RDWR device.

With the parameters I have sent to you the problem is the following:

I click with the mouse and I count seconds, with the following result:

Time(secs)   result

0	I click the mouse
11	output starts
16 	output stops
29 	output starts
33	output stops
45	output starts
50	putput stops

You can see that it follows a fixed pattern, sound starts after 11
seconds, last 5 seconds and goes off for another 11 seconds. Perhaps
this data will help you.

73, Ramiro.