Re: [linrad] Laptop

I haven't succeed in getting linrad running but I am working on it.
Just checked the spec of my Dell Inspiron 8000 it does have a stereo
line-in port and the sound card is an ESS Technology Maestro 3i - 16
bits. The video controller is given as ATI Mobility M4  8 Meg memory
is standard, 32 Meg max.

How much video memory and RAM is considered desirable for linrad?

>Talk to the folks at www.powernotebook.com  I have just been through
>this with them so they are well versed.
>
>I decided to go with a laptop suited for other tasks and without stereo
>inputs -- will be using a Creative MP3+ USB device instead.
>
>73, doc kd4e
>
>On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:39, Arie Dogterom wrote:
>>  Leif,
>>  The main problem probably will be to found a laptop which has an external
>>  stereo input. The rest will be less problematic.
>>  You probably will have to look for an older model like my old IBM TP390. But
>>  the processors of those machines in general are limited to around 300 MHz.
>>  The only other solution will be a laptop with an external ( pcmcia or USB)
>>  soundcard.
>>  73
>>  Arie
>>
>>  > I would like to have a laptop on which I could run Linrad.
>>  > When I ask the salesmen at the different companies selling these
>>  > things, none of them has any idea at all whether there
>>  > are drive routines available for Linux:(
>>  >
>>  > Is there anyone on the list who knows of a laptop that can
>>  > sample at least 2 channels 16 bit at 48 kHz while running
>>  > full duplex and which is supported by OSS or ALSA and that
>>  > also works with svgalib. The processor should be a PentiumIV
>>  > 1GHz or better. AMD Athlon or something else of similar speed
>>  > would be fine.
>>  >
>>  > 73
>>  >