RE: [linrad] Re: linux and graphics cards

At 18:12 03/01/22 +0000, Conrad G0RUZ wrote:
>If I understand correctly is the problem for most people that they can't
>switch to another console ie Alt F2 and then return to Linrad while it is
>still running in console 1?

To be more clear, 'Alt F2' should be read 'Ctl Alt F2' right?
Well, you CAN do that but when you return back to Linrad on 'console 1'
or any console whatever, the Linrad screen (waterfall and every thing)
gets completely corrupted. This IS the problem.

>I know I can't do that, I have to quit out of
>Linrad to the first screen, I can't actually leave it running in weak signal
>mode. When I say the first screen I mean the screen that has A=Weak signal
>cw B=Normal cw etc.

Above means you hit 'X' key, right?
Even from the screen corrupted Linrad, you could resume normally by
hitting the key 'X' (eXit) and next 'B' (Back).
This would bring Linrad runs normally.
(But not every time, sometime it's impossible to recover the bad screen)

>Can anyone actually leave it running in weak signal
>mode? I cannot and would like to know how to.

Yes, Roger and I have no problem what so ever.
In my case like I've already posted, couldn't do that on Matrox Millenium G400
but could on NVIDIA GeForce2 MX400 with svgalib-1.4.3.
At that time Roger had no problem on this matter with his ATI Radeon.
Even he didn't know that this problem existed:-)

Now, above problem was completely solved by updating to svgalib-1.9.17!
(Many thanks for your find this available)
I'm running without ANY problem on G400 video card now.

Hope this helps,

Kohjin - JR1EDE