Re: [linrad] Radeon Video Card / svgalib information

Nice to see you here and welcome to join us!

Don't you have any console switching problem?
Let me clarify a little.....

Console Switching problem:
During your Linrad run, the Linrad console gets corrupted (unusable) when
you come back from other console.
In other words, try to switch to other console by CTL-ALT-F key pressed
then come back to the Linrad console again.
Is your Linrad console looks just same as before?

My Matrox Millennium G400 doesn't work but geForce2 MX400 works without
any problem in svgalib 1.4.3.
I have arranged /etc/vga/libvga.config corrected of course.

Kohjin - JR1EDE

At 09:45 03/01/18 -0800, you wrote:
>I was going to post a complete writeup on how I got linrad running under
>Mandrake linux and with a new current ATI Radeon 7000 (AGP). Your email has
>inspired me to at least give you a suggestion about getting the Radeon 7000 to
>work just fine with the unmodified svgalib.  In the config file set the video
>type to VESA. Under monitors, uncomment the resolution to 1024x768.  For
>1024x768 these cards comply with the old VESA standards. I don't think that
>linrad would be able to use and of the more advanced features of the card.
>Let me know if I am wrong about that.
>
>73,
>
>Jeffrey Pawlan, WA6KBL

LINRADDARNIL