Re: [linrad] RE: Local Osc. for Linrad rec.

This weekend between various Holiday and other activities I improved the little program I use to send the received frequency from Linrad to my FT1000, as described in a previous email, so that the FT1000 acts as the transmitting part of a Linrad transceiver.

The program now lets you alter the default settings to be sent to the FT1000 for MHz and the 100 KHz place, to allow for different transverter configurations, and to cover the two meter band more completely. The program also allows one to adjust the x.yz KHz offset if need be to correct for variations in transverter drift, etc. You can see a gif file of the Windows control panel the program uses at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w3sz/lin2ft1000.gif

If anyone is interested I can supply the source for this (it's Visual Basic), as well as for the [minimal] modifications needed to Linrad to make this work.

The program is rudimentary at present, but it works well. Comments/Suggestions will be much appreciated. At some point I hope to get the time to put more about this on my webpage, but...

Merry Christmas to all

and 73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ