Re: [linrad] Almost there...

Hi again Dan and all,

Every thing goes fine here.
Please every one should include your Linrad version with your Linux
distribution together with gcc version when you post for help.

At 15:26 02/11/17 +0900,  Kohjin JR1EDE wrote:
>Hi Dan and all,
>
>Only for 'make' in main.c paragraph;
>
>At 21:47 02/11/16 -0800, Dan KB5MY wrote:
>>Compiling Linrad:
>>  After fixing the multi-line string literal problem in main.c,
>>  I now get a make error at line 818 as follows:
>>

>>[root@linrad001 lir]# make
>>gcc -O -W -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wformat \
>>-Wunused -Wcomment -Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -Wuninitialized \
>>-Wparentheses -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -ffast-math -fforce-mem \
>>-fomit-frame-pointer -c -o main.o \
>>main.c
>>main.c:818:22: multi-character character constant
>>make: *** [main.o] Error 1
>>

>>What I see at line 818 in emacs is:
>>
>>  rx_mode=(vga_inkey-'A')^0x80;
>>
>>...except that the single-quoted capital 'A' is really a single-
>>quoted capital 'A' with an accent mark above it.  How should this
>>line really look?  BTW - Linrad v.47 main.c comes up the same way.
>
>Hmmm......something wrong!
>rx_mode=(vga_inkey-'?`')^0x80;
>Above was opend from emacs and copied by WinXP WordPad.
>It seems a multi-language-character.
>Strange, there was no error in my RHL 8.0 before.
>
>Ok, I will replace a 10GB disk and boot up for RHL 8.0.
>Stay tuned...
>
>Kohjin - JR1EDE

I have replaced a 10GB disk contained RHL 7.3 to one contained 8.0
and have downloaded a newer version of oss397f-linux-v2x.tar.gz
to just make it sure.

My RHL 8.0:
   kernel 2.4.18-14
   gcc 3.2-7
   linrad lir00-48

Installation including 'make' has been completed without any problem
except "the multi-line string literal problem in main.c" Dan pointed.
This error can be solved by a simple edit.
Also, OSS driver was installed and Linrad works flawlessly.

I go back to RHL 7.3 again as 8.0 is too heavy on my slooow PIII.

Kohjin - JR1EDE