Re: [linrad] make trouble on mandrake 9.0

Geert,

To fix the compile error, edit the file main.c, go to the offending line,
and replace the printf block:

printf("
\n/proc/cpuinfo says LINUX core is not compatible.\
\n\nLinrad will allow you to select routines that may be illegal\
\non your system.\
\nAny illegal instruction will cause a program crasch!!\
\nIf your core is 2.4.8 or above everything is probably ok.\
\nSeems just the xmm flag in /proc/cpuinfo is missing.\
\nTo use fast routines with an older core, recompile LINUX\
\nwith appropriate patches.\n\n");

with:

printf("\n/proc/cpuinfo says LINUX core is not compatible.");
printf("\n\nLinrad will allow you to select routines that may be illegal");
printf("\non your system.");
printf("\nAny illegal instruction will cause a program crasch!!");
printf("\nIf your core is 2.4.8 or above everything is probably ok.");
printf("\nSeems just the xmm flag in /proc/cpuinfo is missing.");
printf("\nTo use fast routines with an older core, recompile LINUX");
printf("\nwith appropriate patches.\n\n");

In other words, break the long printf statement in smaller blocks. The
problem is not the long printf, but the multi-line string.

Hope this helps,

73,

-- Edson, n1vtn