Re: [linrad] Hanging of Linrad when attempting to configure audio card

Hi Joe,

I very strongly would recommend you to download OSS not to waste your time!
I have tried free ALSA and one in distributed driver many times but all
were failed.
Leif had the same experience too.
I recall that one person in the reflector got success with ALSA but don't
know who.

Once again, just go ahead and download the evaluation version!

Kohjin - JR1EDE

At 22:18 02/11/12 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've recently created a dual boot system running Win2K and Redhat 7.3.
I'm curious as to whether anyone else has encountered the same issue that I
have in trying to get Linrad operational.

>I've followed Leif's installation (which I add were quite well written and
understandable for a new-to-linux individual) with svgalib, nasm, and
linrad being installed.  I've not attempted to download the OpenSound
solution as it is my understanding that this capability is part of the
Redhat Linux release.

>The issue I have come across is that whenever I attempt to set up the
sound card (Sound Blaster Live), Linrad indicates that it is attempting to
open /dev/dsp as read only and the program hangs necessitating a reboot.

>I've not notice any difficulty in dealing with the soundcard....e.g. it
plays and records normally using the normal KDE tools.