RE: [linrad] 2 questions

Yes Leif that is what I mean by "inbuilt bias", it is totally irrational :-)
In audio what happens is exactly what you describe. When a large transient
occurs in the audio waveform which is normally below say 160Hz with "modern"
music the switched mode psu's don't seem able to deliver the dynamics
necessary, this makes the amplifiers sound bass light somehow. This is
subjective of course and should not be an issue. It should be possible to
design an adequate SMPSU but to my ears nobody has done it yet, although
they are getting better all the time. Of course we are talking of some 10's
of amps. Not really the same as the WSE series :-)

You'll have to forgive me I had some wine, this usually makes me anecdotal
:-)

Conrad G0RUZ