RE: [linrad] Linrad Questions

HI, Ermanno!

I got two at Dayton this year and have used them on VHF (after
downconversion), on HF, and on VLF.  Currently one of them is monitoring
from 300-390 KHz (using AMRAD upverter as front end), in IQ mode.

I have not heard EME signals with it although I tried one weekend.  This
surprised me, as I use my homebrew receiver with Linrad as my main EME
receiver, with excellent results.  I thought the Time Machine would do
just as well.

With Leif's help I modified them to decrease 0 frequency noise, and I
also don't use their oscillator due to phase noise;  I use external
oscillator.

At this point I think they are fine for getting started and learning
Linrad, but not for very weak signal work, EME, etc.

If you want I can make and send you some gif files of the spectra with
them, or some Linrad S files.  Just tell me what you want (band, mode,
file size, etc) and I can post them to my web site.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ   FN20ah
2 Merrymount Road