RE: [linrad] Took the bait.

Hi Leif,

Mine is a non-MMX Pentium.  I just happened to have
an old computer sitting idle, and I thought I'd try
to get some use out of it.  It sounds like I'd be
better off turning it into a multi-op contest
logging computer.  I have this nasty habit of only
upgrading my hardware once every 4-5 years.  It saves
money, but the down-side is that they always find a
way to make all of the hardware incompatible.  I
usually wind up having to buy a whole new machine
(even the case).

My normal workstation (this one) is a P-II/400, and
it works fine for most apps, but it won't be a top
performer for Linrad either.  My XYL (N6QBD) has an
identical machine.  I guess I should see if our ATX
cases can handle the power/cooling requirements for
some new P4 or Athlon motherboards.

Of course, we all know that someday you'll make Linrad
capable of running on a Beowulf cluster so we can stack
up our old CPUs, digitize the whole band, and make that
noise blanker work REALLY well ;-)

Thanks & 73,
Dan  KB5MY