[linrad] Knoppix 4.0.2 and svgalib 1.9.23 ; Re: [linrad] Re: If I can get LINRAD running, everyone can ;-)

Hello everybody!

Apparently Linrad is progressing nicely with the new multi-thread
and Win-protos, though I have personally not recently been trying
to get any big advances here with either software or equipment.

Today I noticed that there is a very recent svgalib 1.9.23 out on
the svgalib.org site, so I put it on one PC with the latest 4.0.2
version of Knoppix (kernel 2.6.12). Trying to run lir-01.34 gave
the same svgalib_helper issues as before, so I tried to locate
the NO_HELPER = yes line in one of the Makefiles. However, after
a fast scan of the files I did not find it, so I wonder whether
it is still in svgalib 1.9.23 as a selectable option (in order
to run 'Linrad' as superuser without the svgalib_helper).

                                       73, "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/2

At 23:08 8.10.2005 +0200, SM5BSZ wrote:

Hi Carsten,

> First I installed SUSE 9.3 on one of my machines and followed the steps
> outlines on Leif's pages. However when I compile and link LINRAD
> in the end
> I get some errors ... (will find out later I hope).
The GCC compiler is continously upgraded and things that were
considered ok in the past may be flagged as warnings or errors
now - and the Linrad Makefile is set up to halt on warnings.....

I will download some recent distributions and change whatever
is required to make Linrad compile.