[linrad] MS Windows

Linrad is now up and running on my Windows 2000 computer.
Only with a disk file as input and without audio output,
but I do not see major difficulties on the sound side.

The big problem is graphics. As it turns out, the graphics
of Windows is so obscenly slow that running Linrad becomes
severely limited to the point that I will not proceed with
MS Windows unless I find some other way of putting pixels
on the screen.

Currently I am using SetPixel(hdc,x,y,colour), I do not understand
how it works, I thought it was possible to have many pixels set
and then have screen repainted for all of them by the
WM_PAINT message which could be issued at 10 Hz or so.

The only solution I can see myself is to create a buffer that contains
a bitmap that my graphics could write into without telling
Windows. This bitmap, or part of it, could then be written to
the screen at about 10 Hz. I can not believe this could be the
only solution - any suggestions?