[linrad] Re: Knoppix 4.01

Right.

> The statement:
>
>> "alsaconf can only detect one sound card and is generally
>> a poorly written program."
>
> is amusing but unfortunately seems to be true.
> The same statement regarding quality could apply to alsamixer as well,
> I  am afraid.

Well, I am happy with ALSA and alsamixer. With my simple audio setup it
works well, no problem. I have not tested more complex sound cards.

> Perhaps ALSA is an acronym for "A LOUSY Soundcard Application" ??

:-)

> Thanks for coming up with the pertinent data [as usual] ;)  !!

I am happy to provide help. We must help ourselves. Today I help you,
but tomorrow you will help me.

Opensource operating systems and amateur radio are my current hobbies.
But I am practicing the former more actively.
I shoud do more moonbouncing and less "modprobing" ;-) My EME antenna is
getting old without QSOs.

> Have a great day, and

Thanks, enjoy.

73, Ramiro,EA1ABZ.