[linrad] Re: fedora core 4

Hi Sergio

Oh, I think that if I remember correctly, my installation notes where
for an
older version of svgalib (1.9.20).

Recently, just for fun I tried to build  the latest svgalib on latest
2.6.12
kernel and failed with a similar error.

I did not have the time to test it further, but I think I succesfully
installed it removing the svgalib_helper option from the Makefile.  I do
not remember well because I play too much with computers now ( Linux and
 OpenBSD).

If you disable the svgalib_helper module, svgalib will work but you will
need to execute it always as root.

Anyway, please tell me what video card do you have? If you have a video
card that is supported by the "stable" SVGALIB version (1.4) you do not
need to play with the 1.9 stuff, it is considered as "experimental". If
that is your case, you only need to install Debian svgalib packages and
avoid compiling it.

Keep in touch.

Ramiro.