[linrad] Re: SDR-14 and 2.6 kernels

> You indicated that Linrad would work with the SDR-14 only for 2.4
> kernels.
Yes. I am sorry about that.

> So am I correct then that since all of my Linux installations
> [Fedora, RHL, Knoppix, Debian] use 2.6 kernels, I will not be
> able to use the SDR-14 with Linrad and my 2.6 kernel Linux installations?
Correct. My laptop works with RedHat 9, but the stationary
PC does not. It does work partially with Fedora 1 although there are
kernel bugs in Fedora 1 that make it impossible to exit the
main processing screen even when the Delta44 is in use.

I have not been able to get the mouse running under Debian net install,
otherwise Debian works nicely with SDR-14. Recently I got some help
with Slackware 10.1 and it is the only distribution that works
properly in all respects on my stationary PC.

> If this is so, what will it take to correct the problem?  [i.e.,
> who is 'supposed' to write the new driver to work with the 2.6 kernels]
Robin (AA4RC) is working on it. Hopefully he will have it fixed before
the number of bugs has reached a reasonable level so I can release
Linrad-02.00. Right now it is not stable enough.

73

Leif