[linrad] Knoppix and ALSA

Today I finally had a chance to play with the Delta44 soundcard using the Knoppix-Linrad distro I uploaded a couple of months ago.

This was the first time that I had the WSE Linrad boxes here [rather than at my remote QTH] to check things out.

Knoppix boots with ALSA installed, and I did nothing to congfigure ALSA. I had previously gotten myself into some trouble attempting to configure ALSA, so I figured I'd see how things worked as installed.

I am running a DELL 3.4 GHz P4 with a Delta 44 for input and onboard-sound for output.

To my great surprise and delight, the Delta 44 runs fine with ALSA at 96000 sampling rate under Linrad, and in an hour or so of playing I found no problems. This was using the Linrad boxes with the WSE HF converter for 160 thru 20 meters. Things workd Great!

So finally there is evidence that ALSA as installed with the Knoppix distro that we uploaded will sample at 96KHz and work OK with Linrad.

This is new information for me, and I hope that others have similar success.

Have a great week all, and

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ