[linrad] Re: Linux Strikes Again

Hello, Mike,

> Using the CD I can get Linrad working.  However, I had to revert back to
> a previous version.  I discovered that in 2005-5-15 version, the
> '"admin" tab where I click to get alsaconfig running is no longer
> there.  That is where I was able to go to set-up my sound card so Kmix
> would work.

You can just open a terminal window, type su, and then alsaconf.

Or click on the Big Fat Penguin, click on root shell, and then type
alsaconf.

> I have some other issues that are hardware related and need to try to
> work them out.  Linrad isn't at all happy with my video card, (A Diamond
> Stealth)and I will look in my collection to find something else.  I am
> also having problems with Linrad wanting to cause oscillations in the
> computer audio. Not sure I understand that but will work on it.

Usually here this sort of thing [weird audio happenings] means that I have
not separated the input and output paths properly.  Experimenting with
KMix may help.

73,

Roger
W3SZ