[linrad] Re: Linux Strikes Again

GM Roger:
I didn't remember sending that and had to go back into my out box to see if I even said it! AND what is worse, is that I don't
 remember or understand the context now that I see it.

There isn't a chance that I will generate any interest in becoming a developer. I will leave that to you. My goals are simple. Turn on the computer, launch Linrad, make the noise go away, hear the signal. Beyond that I have absolutely no interest in Linux.

Using the CD I can get Linrad working. However, I had to revert back to a previous version. I discovered that in 2005-5-15 version, the '"admin" tab where I click to get alsaconfig running is no longer there. That is where I was able to go to set-up my sound card so Kmix would work.

I have some other issues that are hardware related and need to try to work them out. Linrad isn't at all happy with my video card, (A Diamond Stealth)and I will look in my collection to find something else. I am also having problems with Linrad wanting to cause oscillations in the computer audio. Not sure I understand that but will work on it.

I will try the sudo knoppix-installer with the hope that it will speed things up a bit.

As always, thanks for your efforts. I can sincerely tell you that if it were not for the CD I would have said 'screw-it" weeks ago and walked away from Linrad.

73,
Mike